- Investment Behavior of Firms
- Financial Constraints
- Panel data econometrics
- Schauer, Catharina; Elsas, Ralf; Breitkopf, Nikolas. "A New Measure of Financial Constraints Applicable to Private and Public Firms", Journal of Banking and Finance forthcoming. Available at SSRN: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2646759
- "Yield Spreads on EMU Government Bonds - How the Financial Crisis Has Helped Investors to Rediscover Risk" (with Timo Wollmershäuser), Intereconomics, Vol. 46, p.169-176, 2011. Available here.
- "How and when do firms adjust their investments toward targets?" (with Ralf Elsas), Working Paper LMU Munich, September 2015. ifo Makroseminar 2016, Munich; RES 2016, Brighton; MFA 2016, Atlanta; SGF 2016, Zürich; FIRS 2016, Lissabon, EFMA 2016, Basel.
- "Financial constraints of private SMEs in Germany: Measurement and consequences on corporate policies" (with Tea Szabo), Working Paper LMU Munich, January 2013. Munich Finance Day, 2012, DGF Ph.D. Workshop 2012, Best Ph.D. Student Paper Award, DGF 2012. Available at SSRN: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2216672.
Work in progress
- "The investment structure of large, private manufacturing firms in Germany", August 2015.